Book Exhange Stewardship!
As a G.R.E.A.T. (Gwinnett Reading Exchange & Art Transforms) Little Minds book exchange steward, you will be impacting neighborhoods/communities that need access to early learning books. As a steward you will have online access to track how often your book exchange will need to be refilled.
Role & Responsibilities
The primary role of a G.R.E.A.T. Little Minds Steward is to care for the book exchange so that it becomes and continues a long life as a vital, engaging resource for the neighborhood or community. Stewards are the key local contacts for each book exchange. We encourage each Steward to keep the book exchange full at all times. This is done by welcoming participation, creating and maintaining a friendly place in and around the book exchange, and encouraging early learning for all ages. Book exchanges will be placed in areas fully accessible to the public.
As a G.R.E.A.T. Little Minds Steward:
- Be aware of opportunities to promote early learning reading and literacy. Participate whenever you can, or find others who will.
- Protect the integrity of the book exchange, its contents and the technology (if applicable to your specific book exchange).
- Make sure your book exchange is orderly, in good repair, fun and interesting.
- Service the book exchange for the next three years.
- Be available to speak with local media to help positively promote G.R.E.A.T. Little Minds and early learning.
- Keep G.R.E.A.T. Little Minds informed about how things are going.
Filling Book Exchanges!
A technology map link will be set up to allow you to check in regularly to see how many times your book exchange door has been opened/closed. This enables you to ensure that your book exchange is filled with early learning books at all times. If you need books to fill your exchange we will have a source set-up.
Stewards are the key to the success of the book exchange concept.With your active enthusiasm and engagement, they will become a real asset not only to the neighborhood, but also bring new opportunities to encourage early learning. We are partners with you and will support your stewardship with ongoing information and helpful resources.