Positions Available: Three (3)
Helpline Specialists are part of a team who answer calls from Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) officials and residents of Gwinnett County. Helpline Specialists use excellent interpersonal and communication skills to help callers obtain assistance with various types of crises, such as food insecurity, housing needs, and other concerns. Specialists may also perform administrative and reporting duties, including external reporting and database updates as directed. The Helpline Specialist is a 10-month position (August through May) and reports to the Director, Program and Grant Management.
- Provide professional client service at all times.
- Answer incoming calls and respond to emails.
- Document all calls according to standard operating procedures.
- Perform data entry and research referrals using Helpline database.
- Maintaining knowledge of programs and services offered by community partners.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
TEAMWORK, COLLABORATION, & CULTURE
- Treating colleagues and callers with kindness, respect, and dignity.
- Maintaining professional boundaries and confidentiality of information where required by law and professional ethics.
- Committing to learning, improvement, and professional development.
- Acting in the best interests of the organization at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Listening actively and communicating professionally with a wide range of individuals.
- Reading, writing, and communicating in the English language; bilingual skills are a plus.
- Remaining calm and defusing difficult callers.
- Simultaneously listening to callers, accurately entering call data via keyboarding, and toggling between databases.
- Attending work reliably.
- Comfortable working both independently and in a team environment.
- Recognizing and demonstrating respect for cultural and individual differences.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree preferred or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent data entry and typing skills.
- Superior listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of computer software including Microsoft Office, Outlook, and various web browsers.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Experience answering incoming calls, responding to emails, and assessing caller’s needs in a call center environment preferred.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of application packages will begin immediately.